Friday, December 5, 2008

CERTIFIED

With Ron Sloan, Director of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (keynote speaker)





Pinning on of the badge by my wife

Very pleased to announce that the Denver Metro area is a safer place now that there are thirty four new deputy sheriffs and police officers. Every one of us passed our final POST exam. Graduation was a blast and it feels great to have finally made it.

I really enjoyed myself in the academy; this has been one of the greatest experiences I have had in my life. I am glad to be finished and feel ready to take on the next stage - Field Training (FTI).
As our friends from our neighboring departments move on, us Jeffco Deputies will remain for a three week detentions academy. This is preceded by a week of observation training in the jail. After this we will begin FTI and thus our careers.

I am grateful for the opportunity I have had over the past 20 weeks to share my experiences with you. I hope I have given you an insight into what it takes to become a law enforcement officer, it’s a crazy ride with a lot of challenges, and my head should stop hurting by Christmas!

If you are trying to get into the academy for the next class, do not give up, no matter how hard it may be it is all worth it when you reach this stage.

I would like to thank Deputy Johnson, Deputy Hoffman and Lieutenant Wygant for seeing us through this whole experience. You never gave up on us and gave us a 100% all the time. Thank you to all our instructors, so much effort was put into all aspects of our training, I really appreciate everything.